Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Oops! I did it again!!!

Oh my intentions are good, but I just can't seem
to make myself walk in the office and sit down at this computer.

I don't know if it's because my office is a little on the chilly side
or if I'm just a little down that nothing is 
happening on the house yet.

I know, I keep saying that things are suppose to start - 
and we keep being told that they are - and
then NOTHING!

Well, let's see if I can get you caught up on the last couple 
of weeks.

The last time I wrote I told you that Dan had been
sick and that he had a doctor's appointment.
Well, turns out he had a cold
(or, as we call it, the man flu).
Anyway - he is all better and his cough
is almost all gone.

On Thursday, the 7th of January, Jessie Lee
had dental surgery.  She had been having some issues
before Christmas and had been on pain killers and antibiotics
since December.  So, it was time to have the surgery.
She had five teeth removed - but she is doing fine.
We took her in that morning and picked her up about 6
that afternoon.  She has gotten spoiled on the soft food
instead of her regular dry food so we are trying to transition her
back to her dry stuff - but so far, she is not having anything to do with that.
Of course, Dan is still giving her the soft stuff twice a day - but
maybe it will be a good way to start the process of stopping
her from "free feeding".

On that Friday I had my follow up appointment with the gynecologist in Gainesville.  I went down by myself, as Dan didn't want to leave Jessie all day.  It was fine and I was able to do a little shopping (looking).  He called in my prescriptions to a pharmacy that mixes them especially for me - that's great except the insurance company doesn't pay (and this stuff is not cheap) - plus I had to make another trip down to Gainesville on Tuesday the 12th to pick up the medicine.  I'm not completely sold on this yet, but I will give it a couple of months and see if it really does what the doctor says it will do.  If not - back to the patch for me.

I took mom with me on the 12th and we went to the mastectomy bra store and had her fitted - they had to order her bras and will not be in until the 22nd.  Which means I see another trip to Gainesville to pick those up - then, I have to have more blood work done the first week of February before my follow up with the gyno on the 12th of February.  Seems like doctors appointments will never end!  (This doesn't count the bone density test on the 29th)  I ready to scream ENOUGH!!!!!
(Oh, and mom had her follow ups with her surgeon, oncologist, and her bone density test on the 22nd of February.
 Whew!!!!

Okay, enough with the doctors!

A couple of things have happened around here!'

Last week we had six pine trees removed from the yard.
Three in the back yard that were leaning some toward the house.  We didn't want to build the new family room addition and then have a pine tree fall on the house.  We also had three in the front yard - one where the new drive way will go in and two that were diseased.


They would go up to the top of the tree in a 
bucket truck and start taking the
tree down.

One section at a time.




Then another truck would come in and pick
up the pieces.




While another man would get
everything in a pile.





And finally take the last of the trunk
down.



When they left there was no debris anywhere.

Now, they do need to come back, either later
this week or next, to do the stump grinding.

The stump grinder was not working - but as long
as it's done before the house construction is
finished I'm good.

The contractor also came by with the plumber, electrician, and 
dry wall guy to look at the plans and the layout of the
house.  We have been told that the drawing for the
new trusses has been sent to the engineer and when they
are approved the building permits can be drawn.

We are also waiting to meet with the general contractor and
the contractor supervisor - hopefully the end of this week.
Once that is done we should be ready to start.

Dan and I have been moving boxes out of my office area over to the storage room.  We have also rented another storage unit as we have to move EVERYTHING out of the house.  I don't think we will need another big unit, but Dan thinks we will.  Anyway, after the meeting mentioned above takes place I'll be packing up the kitchen and the rest of the house getting ready for   all the furniture to be
put away for awhile and we will be moving into the
camper.

We have had some of the coldest weather so far this winter this week - it was 29 degrees here this morning - and I have told Dan that they will want us to move into the camper when it is freezing.
We shall see!

That pretty much catches you up on the stuff going on around here.
As you can see - not much.

I might be going to Lake Placid to take care of the girls next week (or bring them here).  Lorelai has been sick and I might need to go down.
Guess I'll know later this week.
She had x-rays done this morning and we are waiting for the results.

I'll close for now -

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does time go?

I have really fallen off the blogging wagon I guess.  I can't seem to get a schedule down so I don't post - but it's been almost...